She is Never Idle

What adjectives and phrases would you use to describe a godly wife, a wife of noble character? Proverbs 31 contains a long list of those qualities. I read them again today, and as always, I found something new that is so true. Yes, a godly wife is far more precious than jewels. The reason this is so true is that she watches over the activities of her household and is never idle. (Proverbs 31:10,27,28) Yes, that is what God;s says, and I have found it to be so true, as I have observed Chris all of these almost 45 years we have been married. Please, let me share why this is so important.

A godly wife loves her family. She is not selfish. She is always doing something for one of her family members or someone else. She is not lazy. She does not spend her time on things that do not matter, but she invests in the lives of her loved ones all day long. Her mind is focused on the Lord when it is not focused on others. She draws strength from Him, so she can go and go and go some more. That is why her children rise up to call her blessed. They have been blessed by her in so many ways. That is why her husband praises her. Her attitudes and actions are worthy of his constant praise. I know if God has brought you a godly wife, like He did me, you will want to praise her even more, when you consider how she is never idle; she never ceases to do God's will for her family and others.
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ecclesiastes 2-4.

Popular Posts