A Dull Ax

I am not real good with an ax. First of all, I am not very strong. However, it also takes a little know how to use one well. It always took me many strokes of the ax to cut a log in two pieces. I have a feeling that part of my problem was that my ax was pretty dull. That makes the job much more difficult. Solomon referred to this in connect with having success in life's endeavors. (Ecclesiastes 10:10) It is a great lesson that applies to all of us, and it can help us to succeed instead of wearing ourselves out to no avail.

It is not wise for us to try to cut a tree or a log with a dull ax. If we do not sharpen the blade, it will take much more strength to force the blade through the wood. For us to fail to stop and sharpen the blade, shows that we are not very wise. It is an indicator that we will not have much success in what we are trying to accomplish. On the other hand, if we have God's wisdom, and we apply it to what we are doing in our life, it brings good success. God's way is always the best way, and He wants us to have success. The key is asking Him for wisdom and applying it to our task. How often do we  try to do things on our own? How often do we fail to ask Him? That is the equivalent of not sharpening the ax. We show we are not very wise, and we can expect to wear ourselves out and not have much success. I pray that will not be true of any of us.
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ecclesiastes 11-12 and Song of Solomon 1.

Popular Posts