I Opened; Did You?

Almost 50 years ago, I heard Jesus knocking on the door of my life, and I made the decision to open the door. He came in! He has been there ever since. We have been having fellowship every day. It is a glorious life. I am so glad that Pastor J.C. Arwood was faithful to preach the Word of God to us at Peachcrest Baptist Church. I had known for 5 years that I needed to open the door. Jesus was merciful. He kept asking me. Then, when Bro. Arwood used this verse at the end of his message on Palm Sunday 1970, I stopped being afraid of what others would think or say. (Revelation 3:20) I stepped out to show everyone that I wanted Jesus to be my personal Lord and Savior. That was the best decision I have ever made or ever will make.

Jesus is persistent. He stands outside the door of every person in this world, and He continues to knock. He is very personal and clear in His invitation. He speaks to us with words that are louder than audible words. They go straight to the innermost being. He urges us to open our lives to Him, as Lord of our life. Yes, He wants to direct our life, but He does it from a close personal relationship with Him. He sits down to make Himself at home in our lives. He eats with us, so that we enjoy the fellowship of breaking bread together. This is how we are to live every day for the rest of our time on earth. Then, we will go to be with Him in heaven, which is even better. This is truly an amazing invitation to an even more amazing life with Christ. Have you opened your life to Jesus yet? If not, now is the best time. Listen. He is knocking and inviting you to open the door.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Revelation 4-5.

Popular Posts