Opening the Windows of Heaven

I am sure that all of us would like to receive God's blessings on our lives. It would be great to know how to open the windows of heaven, so that His abundant provisions for us could flow down to us. However, I am also sure that most people think that is not possible. I have good news for you, if that is how you think. The prophet Malachi let us know over 2,000 years ago just how to see this happen. (Malachi 3:10) Let me share this simple process with all of us.

God owns everything in the universe. Whether we know it or not, all that we have has been given to us by God. It still belongs to Him, but He lets us manage our part under His leadership. He has declared that the first 10% of all we make needs to be returned to Him in the form of an offering to His storehouse, which today is the church. It is a form of worship, and it shows our faith in Him to supply all of our needs. Then, when we do that, God is so pleased that He promises to bless us by opening the windows of heaven until there is no more need in our lives. He does not supply all of our wants, but He does more than supply what we need, if we will just honor Him with the first of our income. Now, how simple is that? Yes, it is simple, but it is difficult, because it requires us to trust Him, as we should. It is up to each of us to exercise that faith, and then, see those windows opened for us. I know I can vouch for the faithfulness of the Lord, since I started tithing when I was in high school. He never fails.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Matthew 1-4.

Popular Posts