The Assurance of Salvation

Not only is it possible to be saved from our sins by the blood of Jesus Christ, but we can have absolute assurance of that salvation, too. In fact, both are God's will for us. When John wrote the letter of I John, his aim was to explain to people who believed in Jesus as the Son of God that they could know they have eternal life. (I John 1:9) I believe this shows us just how much God loves us and wants us to have a victorious life. Let me explain.

God have us His Only-Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, so we could have life through His death, burial, and resurrection. We are not saved by our works, but by His work done for us by the shedding of His blood for our sins. Once we put our trust in Him as Lord and Savior, we have that blood applied to our sins, we are clean, and we have eternal life. However, at first, we may wonder if we have really trusted Him, and if He has truly forgiven us. We may think we could lose the salvation we have received, also. God loves us so much that He wants to dispel those doubts and fears. He wants us to live in confidence that Jesus has saved us. That is why I John was written for us and why John gave us the assurances of our salvation, like keeping God's commandments and loving other believers. I would challenge you to read I John thoroughly, if you have any doubt about your salvation and eternal life. Apply what the Word says to your life and see if you have been born again. Then, you can know that you have eternal life.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II John, III John, and Jude.

Popular Posts