Our Hope for You is Steadfast

One thing is certain about life in this world. We will have times of suffering. It is a part of being human and living in a fallen, sinful world. However, for the child of God, there is steadfast hope. (II Corinthians 1:7) We can be sure that God is faithful to supply His consolation for every time of suffering.

When I was a kid, I would get hurt from time to time. I would scrape my knee or get stung by bees. At the time of the suffering the pain would seem almost unbearable. However, I would run to my mother, and she would know just what to do. She would blow on my scrap or put something on the stings to relieve the pain. All the while she comforted me and held me in her arms. Soon, the pain was a memory, and the consolation was more than enough.

God knows our sufferings, and He knows just how to console us at the right moment. We might think the pain is going to kill us, but He will not allow that to happen. He will come with His comfort, and we will be alright. Then, we will even have a testimony to tell others as they go through similar sufferings. That is why our hope is steadfast. God will never let us down. Finally, we will be with Him in heaven where the glory will cause us to forget all of the sufferings of this life completely.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Corinthians 2-4.

Popular Posts