Imitate Me

When we read that the apostle Paul told the Corinthians believers to "imitate me," it might seem to be a very arrogant statement. However, it is not arrogant at all. Read the whole thing, "Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ." (I Corinthians 11:1) In short, that is a statement of the Christian life. Let me explain.

Once we are saved it is God's will for us to become like Jesus. Therefore, if we will imitate Christ, we can and will become more and more like Christ by the power of the Spirit. Then, it is perfectly acceptable to tell others to imitate us, because they will be imitating Christ by imitating us.

I am afraid too many believers do not have the ability to tell others to imitate them, because they are not imitating Christ. They are out of God's will. They are not living in the power of the Spirit. They are missing the Christian life and the positive influence they could have on other people, both believers and non-believers.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Corinthians 12-14.

Popular Posts