God's Rejoicing

What makes God rejoice, and how does He express His rejoicing? I don't think we really think about this very much. I have read many times that there is joy in the presence of the angels in heaven when a person comes to know the Lord, however, I did not really think about how God, Himself, rejoiced. I was wrong to miss that, and somehow I missed what Zephaniah said, but I am glad I saw it this time. (Zephaniah 3:17)

It pleases the heart of God so much when a person gets saved and begins to live for Him as Lord of his or her life. When we do that, God rejoices over us with gladness. His heart is merry because of us. He comes to us to quiet us with His love, to calm our fears. He shows us His great love for us, as we would show love to another, by doing whatever it takes to comfort us. Then, He rejoices over us with singing. I can't imagine how beautiful it must be to hear the Lord sing a perfect song in a perfect voice. Wow! What a wonderful, personal Lord we serve, who gets truly excited over us when we live in righteousness before Him. This makes me even more eager to stand clean before His throne and worship Him who loves me and rejoices over me.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Haggai 1-2 and Zechariah 1.

Popular Posts