Sin is a Reproach to Any People

I love my country. I do not worship my country. I worship God alone. However, I want what is best for America, since it is my country. The problem is that America is departing from God's will and God's laws. That is sin, and sin is a reproach to any people. (Proverbs 14:34) We need to pray for our country to turn back to God, so that righteousness can prevail, and America can be exalted once again.

I was so sad today when I read the story about a Planned Parenthood official who was explaining how they not only killed unborn babies, but they were selling the body parts to make a profit. They even added that the heads brought the highest price. That is evil on any level. That is a sin against life in so many ways. Our country is bringing reproach onto ourselves, because of these types of sins. Very few countries in the whole world would do such a thing.

Please, join me in praying for America to reestablish righteousness as the norm in our land. I know we were never perfect and without sin, but we were far closer to it than we are now. It is up to believers to pray and to confess these sins to the Father, while doing all we can to point people to Jesus and His truth. That is the only hope for our country.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Proverbs 15-17.

Popular Posts