Eating with Non-Believers

I would love to eat with non-believers every week. If any of you have any ideas on how I can get to have that privilege, please let me know. Jesus had that opportunity when Levi or Matthew, the tax collector accepted Jesus' invitation to follow Him, and He invited Jesus plus a bunch of his friends over to eat.(Mark 2:15) If you would like to invite a group of your non-believer friends over, I would love to join you. I believe this lies at the very heart of why Jesus came and what we need to do as believers.

If eating with non-believers doesn't accomplish anything else, it shows them that I am just an ordinary person. I have found that non-believers have a lot of misconceptions about preachers and Christians. If we could just sit down with them and have a normal conversation like Jesus did, we can dispel a lot of those false assumptions. However, if we never get together, it will not happen.

When Jesus ate with the crowd at Levi's house, some of them decided to follow Jesus like Levi did. They were not with Jesus all of the time, like Levi, but they decided to trust Him as Lord and Savior. Isn't that our commission from Jesus, to make disciples? Well, I think we better find out some ways to eat with non-believers, so we can be more effective. Yes, I am serious about you sending me your ideas, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Mark 5-7.

Popular Posts