Strong Evidence of God

There is no lack of evidence that God is alive and well. I want to focus in on one area for this post, partly because we are coming up on Easter Sunday. God raises people from the dead. Elisha was used by God to raise the son of the lady with whom he stayed from the dead. Then, Gehazi was able to introduce her to the king, just when he wanted to know the great things Elisha had done.(II Kings 8:4,5) Isn't God good?

I have had the pleasure of speaking to a missionary to China and India on at least two occasions. It is an unforgettable experience because of the true stories he tells about what happened to him and his family during those times. Several times he was there to see people who were raised from the dead, because of the prayers of the believers. God was showing Himself strong to them to prove His existence and power in a pagan land.

I believe we could see this type of miracle happen in the USA, if people would really seek to spread the gospel to everyone in our country. That is the heart of the believers in China, and that is why I think He does that there more than He does here. However, we have all of His Word, and we have had it a long time. It contains the true story of the greatest resurrection in history, the raising of Jesus Christ from the dead 3 days after His crucifixion. It is a well documented fact of history, and it is very strong evidence of God for all of us. I can even tell you for sure that I have met someone who was raised from the dead, because I came to know Jesus and to have a personal relationship with Him when I was 14 years old. He is alive! That is pretty strong evidence of God, if you ask me.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II kings 11-13.

Popular Posts