Open My Eyes

There is a spiritual war going on around us all of the time. I know that I fail to see the things that I need to realize many times, and it grieves me. When I read Elisha's prayer for his servant, it touched my heart.(II Kings 6:17) God answered Elisha's prayer to open his spiritual eyes, and his servant was able to see the chariots of fire surrounding him and Elisha for their protection against the forces of the king of Syria. Imagine how comforting that was to him. I believe the same thing would be true for us today, if we could just see what God was doing around us.

I am not just talking about seeing angels, even though I firmly believe God has His angels stationed with me. I am talking about seeing what Satan and his forces are trying to do, and seeing what God wants me to know to see Satan defeated. It has to do with having the Holy Spirit give me His divine illumination of God's Word and the discernment that I need to know how to help others and myself. After all, we do not war according to the flesh.(II Corinthians 10:3) We do not wrestle against flesh and blood.(Ephesians 6:12) It is hard to fight someone you can't see. That is why I am asking the Lord to open my eyes. Then, I can use the spiritual weapons and spiritual armor in an even more effective way.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Kings 8-10.

Popular Posts