Nor Did They Know How To Blush

I can't remember the last time I personally saw someone blush over something that embarrassed them. People blush when they are exposed to things that are shameful. However, when we get far from the Lord, and we expose ourselves to sinful things all of the time, we don't even blush when those things happen.(Jeremiah 6:15) This is a very serious situation for any person or any society. We need to blush. It is a healthy reaction to things that grieve the Lord.

God's people in Jeremiah's day had sinned so much that they were not ashamed when they committed abomination. An abomination is something that is against Gods' will so much that it is opposite of what we should do. Today, we see the same things happening all around us. I will not give a list, but just think about the way things that God hates are flaunted and lifted up. Instead of blushing, people revel in them. I am not talking about non-believers. I am talking about Christians. I am afraid I see it all of the time, and most people don't let the preacher see those kinds of things if they can help it.

We need to get back to blushing. When was the last time you blushed? If you don't know, it is bad sign of the condition of your heart. Ask God to show you how to confess your sins, repent of them, and to return to Him, so you can have a soft heart that allows you to blush at the slightest sinful thing.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 7-10.

Popular Posts