What in the World is Going to Happen?

More than any other time in my life people are not sure of what is going on in the world and what is going to happen. That is saying a lot, too. I was alive during the "cold war" and the Cuban missile crisis. I remember being sent home from elementary school, so that we could gather up our supplies and get under our house into the crawl space fast enough to avoid the initial blast of an atomic bomb in Atlanta. I believe they said that it would only take 90 minutes for a missile to reach us from Cuba. I remember a fall-out shelter in the back yard of a home near my high school, as well. Now, folks are still concerned about atomic bombs of various types coming from terrorists. However, the economy and the natural disasters are also on everyone's minds. We are constantly hearing about the debt in Europe and America, and there is speculation about a world-wide depression. There have been more earthquakes and tsunamis that have killed more people lately than in all of my life. It is amazing to think of the turmoil in the world. People are hoarding money and food. They are anxious about their futures, because of unemployment and the recession. We are living in times of uncertainty. However, believers do not need to fear and live in a state of uncertainty. God is our refuge and strength.(Psalm 46:1,2) Even if the earth is removed, He is there for us to protect us or to take us to heaven, which is far better than anything we could ever have here. Therefore, with Jesus in our lives we can know what is going to happen. We are going to live for Him until He takes us home, or until He comes to live on this earth for 1,000 years. In either case He has something for us to do, and it is not to be worried about the condition of this world. It is to glorify Him and to point everyone to put their faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, who died and rose again for them. Just before I started this post I received word that my grandson Kade received Christ in Tokyo as he was visiting there with his father, Jeff. What a blessing! I spoke to Kade last August when we were there, and at the end of our conversation about the Lord, I told him and his parents that the Lord would continue to speak to Kade and draw Him until they all knew it was the right time for Kade to trust Christ. June 8, 2012 at 5 PM was the time for Kade. When was your time? Mine was at about noon on March 20, 1970 at Peachcrest Baptist Church in Decatur, GA. My life has never been the same since. Now, I know the Lord of the universe in a loving, personal relationship. He has me in His hands. I am secure no matter what happens, so is Kade, and everyone who knows Him. Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 48-51.

Popular Posts