The Singers

Every time I read through the Bible I notice all of the references to music. Have you ever seen them and thought about the importance of music in our lives? When God created us, He gave us a capacity to make music and to enjoy music. In fact, some things can best be communicated through a song, because we get a mental picture, and the tune causes it to stick in our minds.

Music is very important as we worship God. It is only one part of worship, but it is a vital part. God even set aside a certain number of the Levites to minister through music. They had no other duties, because the music kept them engaged day and night.(I Chronicles 9:33) Just think about that for a minute. God knows the impact of music, so He appointed people to see that as their ministry, and the work of leading the people in worship with music was a full-time job.

I am so thankful for all of the people in our church who work so hard on the music. It is such a blessing to me and to so many people. I appreciate the way that they are always prayerfully considering how to lead us in worship with music, so that we are brought very close to the Lord in praise and in expressing our hearts to the Lord. I can't imagine what it would be like without dedicated people like these. I hope you will express your thanks to the ones in your church who lead in the music and know that they have a responsibility that is very important.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 11-13.

Popular Posts