A Man of Rest

David was a man of war, but his son, Solomon, was a man of peace. I don't think that David liked war, but he was used by God to subdue the enemies of Israel. Then, when his son took the throne, God made Solomon a man of rest. He did not have to fight the enemies all of the time. This was a glorious gift from God, not only for Solomon but for all the people of Israel. God gave them "Peace and quietness." (I Chronicles 22:9)

I believe that would be a good prayer request for those of us in America. We should cry out to God for rest from our enemies and for a period of peace and quietness. It may or may not be God's will for us at this point, but we know that He can cause it to happen, if it is His will.

Also, it is a great place for an individual. Are you a man or woman of rest? Do you fight with your enemies all the time, or has God given you rest from your enemies? I believe we can have periods of rest like Solomon had. Also, He can give us peace and quietness, even in the midst of the turmoil going on around us in this world. Therefore, I pray each of us will have a time of rest and receive peace and quietness from the Lord.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 23-26.

Popular Posts