A Proud Father

Can you imagine Amram's pride in the fact that God chose his family to be the priests for Israel? Moses and Aaron not only led the people out of Egypt by the mighty hand of God, then, they had the privilege of being set apart or sanctified as the priests.(I Chronicles 23:13) They went before the Lord to sanctify the holy things, to burn incense, and to give the blessing in His name. What a wonderful blessing of God, but it was also a huge responsibility. I know that it has been a privilege for me to be set apart by the Lord to be a pastor for these years. I am not worthy, but He called me, so I do my best to represent Him well. However, I know that one day I will have to give an account to God for my stewardship of my calling. I pray that I will be found faithful. None of us are perfect. Moses and Aaron were not perfect. Someone has said that "God can draw a straight line with a crooked stick." That is how I feel when God uses me. I imagine that is how Moses and Aaron felt much of the time, too. Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 27-29 and II Chronicles 1.

Popular Posts