Endvision

Today, I want to talk about a new word. It is probably not in your dictionary yet. However, it has been coined by people who want us to think about what we want to see happen in our lives and in our society. Let me put it this way, "If we could experience what Jesus wanted for us in the next 10 years, what would our lives and our society be like in 2022?"

Ever since I became a Christian, I have had an endvision for myself and for my society. This guides my life in every area. I want to be like Jesus. It is my aim to follow His Spirit, obey His word, and flesh out the life of Christ in my own life. That is behind whatever I do every day. I believe this should be true for every believer.

My endvision for my society is that everyone will hear about the gospel of Jesus Christ and many of them will confess Him as Lord, just like what happened in the book of Acts. As a pastor I have worked and prayed to that end, but I have not been able to see it come to pass. This fact burdens my heart, and as long as I live, I will continue to seek God's will for me and for others to see this endvision come to pass. The Great Commission should be the purpose statement for every believer. We are to be making disciples as we go through our lives, and we are to be teaching them to observe all of the message of Jesus, so that they will make more disciples, too, and become like Jesus themselves.

I have one simple question for each of us today. What is your endvision and what are you doing to see it come to pass?

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Thessalonians 2-3 and I Timothy 1.

Popular Posts