Amens From Jacob

Last Thursday we had the regular meeting of our senior adult group at NHBC, the Young Hearts. We had a wonderful chili lunch and great fellowship, as usual. The leader had asked me to sing, so Jerry and I had practiced several songs for the occasion. It was a blessing for me to be able to share and to make a joyful noise.

The extra added plus was that Chris brought Jacob since Dixie was working that day. He did great! He had a good time greeting people and playing. He even sat in his seat and ate his food. Believe me, there are times when that doesn't happen. Maybe, it was better this time since he was the only child.

When Jerry and I began our songs, Jacob loved hearing Jerry play the guitar. Then, when the first song ended, he let out a hearty "Amen." Several folks laughed, and one asked me, "How did you teach him that?" I simply replied that it was not a matter of us teaching him that. He picked it up on his own. That is what kids do. We were all amazed that he continued in the same way for all of the songs. There was no squirming or crying, only "amens." It warmed my heart to hear the little guy, and to think that he enjoyed the songs of God and shouting his joyful response. Oh that we all could have innocent hearts of praise for the Lord!

Tomorrow, I intend to read Luke 1-3.

Popular Posts