Missions

Every time I write an article and I use the word "missions" my spell check underlines it for me. It thinks I have misspelled mission. That is because the world doesn't understand missions. It is a Christian endeavor. It is impacting the world for Christ like He impacted our world when He came to show us the Father and to die for us.

Missions is multi-faceted. We can do missions in our neighborhood, our city, our state, our nation, or in any other part of the world. Missions is meeting needs in the name of Christ, so that we can not only show the love of Christ, but share the gospel, as well. There are as many ways to do missions as there are different types of people or people groups. Christ's Great Commission commands us to make disciples of every people group in the world.

What are you doing to fulfill Christ's command? It is for each of us. It could be working at the Pregnancy Resource Center reaching ladies and saving babies, teaching abstinence, or abortion recovery classes. It could be working in the Good News Club to bring children in the public schools to Christ. It could be taking a mission trip to Japan or Dominican Republic. It could be interceding for our missionaries and all of the people groups to which they minister. The opportunities are endless. I believe Jesus is saying to us, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." We need to listen and be about missions.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 36-38.

Popular Posts