A Blessed Day

Sometimes when I go to the credit union or to the store, the clerk will wish for me to have a "blessed" day. I always appreciate that wish, because I see it as a way to convey a Christian message to me and to others. Anything we can do to be a good testimony is a plus. However, what is a blessed day? I don't think it is just a day when something overtly spiritual takes place. It is any day that we walk with the Lord, so we accomplish His will for us. Then, we are blessed, and we are a blessing to others.

I started this day like all of my days. I spent my unhurried time with the Lord. Saturday is a special day, because I am able to spend more time praying Scripture for my children and grandchildren. Also, I pray for other preachers and their families on Saturdays, as we all are thinking about the Lord's Day coming up. Spending time with the Lord in the morning always makes for a blessed day.

Then, I was able to run again to get back on track after my sickness. It is such a blessing to have the health to be able to run with ease and enjoy it. The kitchen sink faucet started leaking steadily, so I breathed a prayer and tore into it. A little while later and with a lot of grace from the Lord, it was reassembled and there were no leaks. What a blessing. That is how my day went. God helped me to accomplish each task and to enjoy some time with Chris. Just to have a home is a blessing. To have a godly wife is beyond words. It was a pretty quiet Saturday, but it was blessed in many different ways, because that is how good God is all the time.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 56-58.

Popular Posts