Conceal Or Confess?

When it comes to sin, we have two basic approaches with which to handle it. We can try to conceal it, or we can confess it. If we conceal it, the sin grows stronger. If we confess it to the Lord and to others, the sin is able to be forgiven.(I John 1:9) Of course, the blood of Jesus is what ultimately cleanses sin, so in order for anyone to have sins forgiven, he or she must trust Jesus as the Lord who died and rose again to pay for their sins.

This afternoon I met with a man who is wrestling with a particular sin. It was the first time I was able to speak to him, so I was asking him about his life and his faith. He was reluctant to tell me about his sin. He would have concealed it. I brought it up, because I want to get him to confess it and allow Jesus to free Him from it. Will you pray for this man to see the folly of concealing sin? It is impossible to conceal sin. God has promised that He will let others know. That is His way of getting people to admit their sin. Also, we can hide nothing from God, so we ought to be honest with Him and others.

I plan to have another visit with him next week. I will share what the Word says about forgiveness and confession of sin. Today, I explained what it means to be a Christian. If he understands that, he should be ready to deal with his sin openly next time. I pray for his deliverance.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 52-55.

Popular Posts