Not Giving Up On People

This evening we had our regular visitation time in which we go out to see people who have attended our worship service or others whom we know. Tonight, I went to see a man I had seen several times before. Near the end of our conversation he made a statement that I believe was significant. He told me that he had been to churches, and he had been visited by pastors, but they gave up on him and quit coming to see him. He expressed his thankfulness that I have not given up.

Now, I am not sharing that to pat myself on the back. I am sharing it to show how important it is for us to be consistent and to persist in showing the love of Christ to those around us. If we fail to do that, they fail to see the enduring love they need to see. I am not saying that it is totally our fault when they do not listen to the Lord, but I am saying we become a stumbling-block to them coming to Christ. In our men's Bible study this morning we discussed being a stumbling-block and preventing stumbling-blocks from Luke 17. Isn't that just like God to show me an example of what I taught that morning?

The unbelievers and weak believers around us are watching us all of the time. We can't be perfect, but it is our responsibility to represent Christ to them in word and in deed. The least we can do is to reach out to them with the unselfish and steadfast love of the Lord.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Samuel 28-30.
March 21 –I Corinthians 3:5-10
Ask God to give us a harvest of lost souls during the revival in addition to reviving our church family. Also, ask Him to show you what to do to prepare for the harvest.

Popular Posts