Celebrating Mom's Birthday

My mom and my daughter, Lori, were both born on March 30. This year our schedule is hectic at this time, so we ended up having her birthday celebration tonight. It went well. We accomplished our desire, which was to show her how much we love her.

It is a great blessing for me to still be able to have my mother and my father in my life. God led us back to live in the area. I am able to see them on Sundays each week. I can help them with little projects around the house, and they help me out, as well.

My mom brings cooked apples for me almost every Sunday for dinner. That may not sound like a huge thing, but it is. She knows my diet, and she knows I like apples, so she brings them. It is a labor of love for her to peel and to cook the apples, but it is even more than that. It is painful because of her osteoporosis in her back, but she still does it. That is my mom. She does nice things for me and other people. She has been doing that all of my life. It is just a part of who she is. I will be eternally thankful for her example of caring and kindness.

What a blessing to have parents who love each other and who love me enough to continually bless me with the little things and the big things they do for me and for my family. That is how God intended for the family to function. I pray that we all will try to be parents like my parents have been for me.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Samuel 10-13.
March 25 – Luke 15:1-7
Pray for your neighbors. Make a list of three of them who need the Lord or who need to be in church. Then, make plans to invite them to the revival services and to bring them, if that would help them come.

Popular Posts