Dixie's Big News

Dixie is definitely the quietest of our three children. That is why some of you have not heard her "big news." I have not been telling folks, because I don't want to interfere. However, I just feel the need to let y'all know. Dixie is getting married! It is a God thing, so it is a good thing. Both her and her fiance, Stacy White, were praying for a spouse who loved the Lord completely. God answered their prayers.

You will have to ask Dixie to tell you the whole story, because I might get it wrong. She was convinced that the Lord could and would show her the right husband, so she kept praying and trusting. Now, she is thankful that she remained faithful to the Lord. Stacy has been in our church for over a year, and we have been working together in our men's group. That has enabled me to see his sincere love for the Lord and commitment to Jesus as Lord of his life.

Now, I have one of the hard parts. I get to do the wedding. It is an honor and a privilege, but it is so very emotional for me. Each one of our children have found a godly spouse, so it fills me with joy. Then, my joy overflows in tears. For the first two weddings I managed to hold it together. Pray that I can make it once more.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Samuel 3-5.
March 23 – John 1:35-42
Pray for your family members. Then, make a list of three of them who need the Lord or who need to be in church. Make plans to invite them to the revival services and to bring them, if that would help them come.

Popular Posts