Running in Heaven

This morning we had a song and testimony service, in which several of our church members spoke or shared a song. I received a blessing from each of them. One was a song about Heaven, and the fact that there will be no one who is blind or lame in Heaven. I was very familiar with the song, so as Roy began to sing, I sang softly with him.

As I thought about the song and sang softly, I suddenly had a vision or a special thought. I could see myself running in Heaven. Now, I like to run, and I do it pretty faithfully. However, I hope I don't have to run for my health in Heaven. I hope God designed our eternal bodies, so that type of exercise is not necessary. I do believe that will be the case.

My vision was not of a run for exercise, but a run for joy. For a brief second I could see and feel myself running alongside my little sister, Jan. You see, Jan was born with a serious heart condition and a hole in her heart. I don't believe she ran at all while she was on this earth, or at least, not very much. She got very sick when she approached her 24th birthday in 1982, and she went into the hospital to determine why. The doctors said that surgery could help her. She made the decision to have surgery on her own, because "she just wanted to be normal." The surgery did not cure her problem and she died on April 20, 1982. Now, she is normal. Her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, healed her by giving her complete healing in Heaven. Now, she can run for the fun of it, any time she wants.

One day my parents and I will get to see her again, and they just might join me in that run. All the way we will have joy for being made whole and hearts full of praise and thanks for Jesus who loved us, saved us, and made it possible to spend eternity with Him. I hope you will join us, too, even if you don't like to run.

Tomorrow, I intend to read John 5-7.

Popular Posts