Volunteers

I read Isaiah 6 today in my Bible reading. It has many extraordinary lessons for us as believers. When Isaiah, the Prophet, found himself in God's presence, it changed his life. It will do the same for us when we really see God for who He is.

Verse 8 was my verse for today, because I was struck anew about how quickly Isaiah volunteered to go, when God asked who would go for Him. We all need to be willing volunteers for the Lord. We should not have to think about whether or not we will go where He sends us. We should only ask, "When and where do you want me to go?" We should be sitting on ready all the time.

I pray that each of us would just stop right now, and pray a simple prayer to volunteer for whatever God wants us to do. Then, ask Him to show us what it is. Make the commitment to obey immediately, whatever He might ask. Let's be joyful volunteers for our Lord.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 9-11.

Popular Posts