Reaching All People Groups

I had a good trip to Orlando for the missions conference. I met my friend, Wayne, at the airport, and we made our way to First Baptist for the first session. It was a blessing to hear Ed Stetzer, the president of research at Lifeway speak on the Great Commission. He did have a fresh perspective on a very familiar Scripture.

His point was that the Great Commission is not just all evangelism. It is reaching "all people groups" for the Lord. If we are not engaged in reaching some other people group other than our own, we are not following Christ's command for all believers. What a challenge, but it is true. Jesus means for all of us to be involved in cross-cultural evangelism in some way.

I hope there are not any of us left who just think that is for missionaries. We are all missionaries, and the whole world is our field. He said, "We are to put yes on the table, and the Lord tells us the where and the who." Have you told the Lord yes? Have you told Him you would go to whomever He sends you? That is the essential first step.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Samuel 9-11.

Popular Posts