The Precious Word of God

I don't know what I would do without Jesus, and I don't know what I would do without the Bible. Jesus saved me almost 40 years ago. He is my only Lord and Savior. However, it was through His Word that I came to know Him. It is His Word that continues to direct me closer to Him as the Spirit uses it to speak to my heart. His Word is precious to me. I love to read it, study it, and meditate on it. I can't imagine going a day without feeding on His Word.

I have loved the stories of the life of Samuel for a long time. I think of how his mother gave him to the Lord. What an act of thanksgiving to God who heard her prayer. Then, there is the story of the boy Samuel hearing God's voice calling him at night. Finally, Eli figures out it is the Lord, so he gives the boy the correct instructions. Just say, "Speak, for your servant hears." When he said that God spoke to him in a marvelously clear way, and Samuel came to know the Lord in a personal relationship.

That is what we all need to do each day. We need to take out the Bible, sit before the Lord reading His Word, and say,"Speak, for your servant hears" Then, see if the same God who spoke to Samuel will speak to you. You can count on it, if you say it with faith in your heart toward Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Samuel 6-8.

Popular Posts