Spiritual Nourishment

I have a good appetite. I like to eat, and I eat several times a day. I try to eat healthy, and I exercise, so I don't gain a lot of weight. However, I believe my food helps me to be strong and healthy. I would encourage everyone to have a plan for healthy eating and exercise.

The same is true for spiritual nourishment. Do you have a good appetite for God's Word? How often do you read it and meditate upon it? It is your spiritual food. Remember, Matthew 4:4 tells us that "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." We are to live by the truth and the nourishment we receive from God's words, all of them. Therefore, we must have a plan for reading all of the Bible in a systematic way. This year I am reading straight through from Genesis to Revelation. I will read three chapters a day, except for two days a week, I will read four chapters. That will get me through all 1189 chapters in one year.

Let me give you a suggestion. Read the Bible in a systematic way each day. After you read, ask yourself, "What did God say to me?" Then, ask yourself, "What am I going to do about it?" The reading is the eating. The applying is the exercise. If you will do both regularly, you will grow spiritually and become a strong Christian. It is not rocket science. In fact, it is fairly simple, but it really works, because God is faithful.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 8-11.

Popular Posts