An Excellent Wife, Who Can Find?

When I was 17 years old, I found my excellent wife at her surprise birthday party on December 30, and I wasn't even supposed to be there. We were not married for another year and a half, but I knew that night I had found someone special. The longer I have known her the more of her excellence I have been able to discover. Chris is truly invaluable to me. I praise God for answering my prayer and giving me the right wife for me.

Even though we have been married for a long time now, our love is still growing. She is somehow able to put up with my weaknesses and love me in spite of them. In fact, that is why she is such an excellent wife. She completes me. She is strong where I am weak. That is the genius of God's plan to bring us together. Sometimes, we marvel at how different we do things and how differently we think. However, that means without her I would only see part of life. I would miss so much.

Each year I remember her birthday and our first date, and I try to make it as special as I can. I will never be able to repay her for her blessings to me or the Lord for bringing her into my life. I just praise Him for His perfect provision for me. I pray that I can be an excellent husband for her, but isn't it interesting that the Bible doesn't have a description of an excellent husband? I will just have to keep depending on His grace and doing the best I can.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Malachi and Revelation 22.

Popular Posts