The Last Sunday of 2009

I hope each of you had a meaningful Lord's Day today. It is always a special time of reflection for me when I come to the last Sunday of the year. I guess that is because I am a pastor, and I focus on hearing what the Lord wants me to share with our church family each Sunday.

The last couple of years I have been delivering a very simple, concise message to our church family. The Lord intends for every believer to be a missionary to his or her culture and to the world. Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost, and He sent us to do the same thing. He gives us the power and authority, but we have to do it.

Now, it is the time of year when I ask myself and I try to get our church family to consider how well we did at being missionaries like Jesus this year. How did you do? How many people were you able to reach with the love of Christ and the gospel of Christ? I am talking about people who did not want to know before you sought them out. I am talking about people of a different culture than yourself or a different socio-economic level. I am convinced that Jesus wants each of us to do that, and He is going to judge us based on how well we follow Him in that. I challenge you to spend some time letting Him show you how you did, and to ask Him to show you what changes to make for 2010.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Zechariah 5-8 and Revelation 19.

Popular Posts