An Old Address Book

I haven't completely switched over to the electronic age yet. I still have not put all of my addresses on my computer. It makes it a challenge when I send the Christmas cards, because I have to look through two or three sources to get all of the information I need. I hope to get it computerized soon. It sure will save a lot of time.

One of my main sources of addresses is an old address book that we have had for many years now. As I leafed through it to pick out the names for the cards, I had a flood of memories about all kinds of people and life circumstances. Isn't it amazing how fast life goes by and how many people we encounter along the way? I saw the names of old friends whom I had not seen in years, and I wondered how they were doing. I saw the changes to the addresses or the names when there had been a move or a remarriage. I read the names of doctors and other business people with whom we have dealt. I was brought to remember so many who are not with us any longer. They have gone into eternity ahead of us.

As I considered all of these folks, I wondered if I had been the right kind of friend or family member to them. It is overwhelming to think of the needs represented by the names. I hope I did my part to influence them for the Lord and to love them as I should have. One thing is for certain. Most of the time, we only get one chance to do the right thing. We have to be walking with God closely and filled with His Spirit, so we will say and do the right thing at the right time. I pray that I did, because each one is precious to me in his or her own way, and each one is greatly loved by the Lord.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jonah and Revelation 10.

Popular Posts