An Answer to Prayer

I am not sure how long ago it has been now, since I did not write it down, and I am getting old, but a couple in our church had twins born at just short of 30 weeks. That means they were 10 weeks early. They were very small. Both of the boys were close to 2 lbs and 10 ounces. We immediately began to pray for them, as they were put into the NICU at a local hospital. After some scary days, they have been growing well and making progress steadily. Our Associate Pastor, Steve Smith, and I have had the privilege of going into the NICU to anoint the boys with oil and pray over them with their parents. It is such a marvel to see how God made these "little" boys, and how He watched over them and caused them to grow. Of course, we won't know completely how they are doing until they are older, but the signs point to them being healthy boys. That has been our prayer all along.

This afternoon I received a call from the mother saying that the hospital called for them to come and pick up one of their sons to take him home. What a joy! What an answer to our prayers! I am sure that I can't imagine the excitement of those parents bringing home their first child and the first of the two boys. It will be a challenge and a blessing at the same time. I know some of you have been praying for them, so I wanted to pass this along and to thank you for your prayers. Let's give God all of the glory for His provision for this family. I would ask you to keep praying for them, because we know God loves to answer our prayers, and He loves those little boys.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Joel and Revelation 5.

Popular Posts