I Became a Believer When _______________.

I love making connection with other Christians in unexpected ways. I went to a funeral home to visit the family of a man for whom I am going to do funeral service tomorrow. Since I have known this man and his family for 48 years, I knew I would see some of the extended family at the visitation. However, I never know exactly what to expect when I see folks I haven't seen in years, so I was anxious to see how everyone was doing.

Some of the folks came up and said, "Do you remember me?" Others knew I would recognize them. It was great to hear about their families. Just then, a nice looking man came over and engaged me in conversation. I had been speaking to his sister, so I knew who he was. I had not seen him in several years, since the last funeral in that family. I did not get to speak to him in private then. This time he told me about being a physician who treats people who are badly ill with leukemia. Then, he said some wonderful words. He looked me in the eyes and said, "I became a believer when I was in medical school." A large smile broke out on my face, and he proceeded to give me his testimony and to recommend a book to me. What a joy!

Since I left the visitation his words have been on my mind. What a blessed connection to make with another brother in Christ. What a thought, "I became a believer when ___________________. You fill in the blank. How did you come to know the Lord Jesus? What were the circumstances? What means did God use to convict you and show you the truth? If you haven't come to know Him yet, what is holding you back? He is calling. Will you respond?

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 137-139 and I Corinthians 13.

Popular Posts