Search me, O God

This afternoon I had to preach a funeral for the father of my best friend when I was growing up. I have known since Saturday that I was going to do the service, so I began to pray for God's guidance then. This morning He gave me the perfect verses for me. I needed to consider these verses for myself in order to be faithful to the Lord in what I said and did at the funeral and with the family.

The verses are Psalm 139:23,24 which say, "Search me, O God, and know my heart: Try me and know my anxious thoughts: And see if there is any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way." Isn't that amazing that I would have that passage in my regular reading for this day? God knew I needed my heart to be right. He knew I would have anxious thoughts. God did not want me to be hurtful but comforting, and He wanted me to lead people in the everlasting way.

I count this as an example of the Mighty God we serve. He knows just the right word for us at the right time, if we will listen to Him and His Word. I give Him all of the glory!

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 140-142 and I Corinthians 14:1-20.

Popular Posts