The Witness of the Spirit

As I made some visits this afternoon, it was evident that the Holy Spirit had been busy. Each person with whom I spoke had learned something by listening to God's Spirit. It was very heartening to me, because it is not always that way. Sometimes, we are all guilty of blocking out the voice of the Spirit or being too angry or frustrated to even listen. He is constantly trying to get through to us, so we do well to spend time in quiet concentration before the Lord.

One man was very concerned when I sat down with him. He brought his Bible with him. He said, "I am glad you are here, because I have some questions to ask you about the Bible." He proceeded to tell me how he had heard several things taught from the Bible, and he wanted to know if they were true. I told him what the Bible said on those subjects, and that I did not believe them because of the clear teaching of the Bible. He was relieved, and he confessed that he knew something was wrong when he heard these things being taught. The Spirit was witnessing to His spirit that what was being said was false. Have you ever had that happen to you? I know you have. The Bible says in John 16:8-11 that the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. Therefore, I am sure that everyone who has ever lived has received the communication of the Spirit of God to lead them to the truth.

Isn't that marvelous? It is especially wonderful because we do have the Bible, and the Spirit takes the Bible and explains it to us, if we will read and listen. Some people are concerned about the things they don't understand in the Bible. I hope that will not hold you back. Look at all of the things you do understand. Then, the Spirit will help you learn more and more.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 68-69 and Romans 8:1-21.

Popular Posts