An Attitude of Gratitude

I have a good memory of how it was when I first came to know the Lord. I was almost 15 years old, so I was not so young that it is all blurry. In fact, it is a very vivid picture and set of emotions in my mind and my heart, even after almost 40 years.

One thing that I can recall very clearly was the thankfulness that swept over me when I came to know Christ. I was convinced that "nothing" bad could really happen to me. I still feel the same way. Jesus has saved me, and He has secured a place in Heaven for me. To live is Christ and to die is gain, as Paul said. If I die, I go to heaven. If I live, I have Him to walk with me. If I suffer, He is with me, and the moment I get to Heaven all of the memories of that pain will be nothing compared to the glory of His presence. What a life!

That is why I like Romans 8:28 so much. It says it all. God "causes" all things to work together for good to those who love Him, to those called according to His purpose. He even makes the bad things work out for good, if I am focused and following Him. That has been my experience. I hope we all can say the same thing.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 72-73 and Romans 9:1-15.

Popular Posts