Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant

I made it home just fine this evening. The flight was bumpy, but otherwise uneventful. It was wonderful to get home to Chris, Dixie, Jacob, and Anne. It was a blessing to get to see the Roberts and to join in the ordination of Ernesto.

However, the words of the preacher last night, Pastor Arocha, are still ringing in my ears. He used Matthew 25:21 as his main text. The theme of his message was for Ernesto to be faithful to his calling, so that in the end he would hear this good announcement from Jesus, "Well Done, good and faithful servant." How I long to hear those words one day. How I long to try to instill that desire in as many people as possible.

I know God was working on the hearts of the people at Sola Escritura. I preached from I John 2:28-29 in the morning. I emphasized being ready for Christ to come again. Then, Pastor Arocha continued the same theme. It is amazing how God works those things out. He knows how to drive a point home, doesn't He?

So I would ask you if you are ready to stand before Jesus? What would He say to you if it were today? It is imperative for us to live with an urgency to live righteous lives that witness to the Lordship of Jesus to all we come in contact with each day. Otherwise, when He comes we will be ashamed, instead of embracing Him with the confidence of a close friend.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 7-9 and John6:22-44.

Popular Posts