Hungry Hearts

I visited the men at the Henry County Jail again today, and I am glad to say that they are all doing well. Each one had a question for me. That is so refreshing. They really want to understand about prayer and about being thankful. They want to know how we can have joy even in the midst of bad situations. I think the Lord is really working on their hearts, and I believe they are hungry for Him. That is a great condition, because Jesus promised to feed the hungry and fill them up.

Do you have a hungry heart? I think we get complacent when things are going well. It is like having a big meal. We are full of stuff, but it might not be the Lord. We need to guard against complacency and do whatever we can do to stay hungry for the things of the Lord. I want to be learning and growing until I get to Heaven.

The main thing is to thirst after understanding and obedience, not just knowledge. The Bible tells us that knowledge "puffs up." It makes us proud. That is terrible. We need to emphasize obeying what we know. Being hungry causes us to feed on the Word, but then, we must exercise what we have received or we will just get spiritually flabby. I am afraid a lot of Christians know much more than they do. We should all strive to do all we know.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 13-15 and John 7:1-27.

Popular Posts