Children and Grandchildren

These days Chris and I are thinking a lot about our children and our grandchildren. It is a wonderful blessing to be able to have them around us. This morning John and Gao Foua came through on the way to his good friend, Matt's, wedding. It was so good to get to visit with them over breakfast. They had two friends with them, too. It was good to see Joel and Dean, as well.

Then, Chris and I had a special privilege today. It was Dixie's first day back to work after her leave from work for having Jacob. Chris and Dixie had been preparing for this for several weeks, and I am glad to say that it went smoothly. Dixie is real tired now that she is home, but Jacob did well. Chris did most of the work, but I helped get him to sleep once, anyway. I am a pretty good "burper", too.

Also, we are preparing for Lori, Jeff, Kade and Avenly to arrive on the 3rd of June from Japan. I spent the bulk of the day hanging blinds and putting in a swinging door for the cats to use. It was a rainy day, so it was good I could work inside. Maybe tomorrow, I can do some things outside to get ready. It is such a blessing to have Lori and Jeff in Japan as missionaries. I would not change that for anything, if that is what God wants. However, it makes the times we have together even more special. So I am getting ready to play ball with Kade, and I am thinking about looking for a fishing hole, too.

You see what I mean? Chris and I are so blessed to be able to see our children and grandchildren. It is a source of joy just like the Word of God says, "Children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them." (Psalm 127:3-5a) Chris and I are truly blessed by God, because He gave us the children and grandchildren we have.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 19-21 and John 8:1-27.

Popular Posts