The Main Thing

We had a good day of worship today. I thought everyone seemed very tired from all of their Christmas activities. We had a few guests in our morning service, but mostly it was our regular attenders and members. God led me to share an evangelistic message about the grace and truth of Christmas. The message was well received. As a part of the message and even during the prayer time, I shared a challenge with all of the congregation. I asked them to pick up the Christmas tracts in the lobby and hand them out as they finished up their shopping and errands this week. I explained my challenge, too. Christmas is all about the Good News of Jesus coming to earth to save us, so why should we not share the gospel as a regular part of our Christmas. I am glad to say that some of the tracts were taken to be used, but more were left than taken.

It is not so much that my challenge fell on deaf ears, as it is that Satan has deceived us into replacing the main thing. I have fallen victim to him myself at times. The main thing is salvation. The main thing is seeing people saved. For the main thing to happen, we must make it a priority to share the gospel with others who don't know Him. Many years ago an evangelist challenged people saying, "The Main Thing is to Keep the Main Thing the Main Thing." I want to take that challenge seriously, and I pray you will, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Micah 6-7 and Revelation 13.

Popular Posts