For Those Who Have Everything

I have seen a catalog from Neiman Marcus department store, which has Christmas gifts for people who have everything. It has some of the most extravagant gifts you can imagine. It is funny to even think about people buying those kinds of gifts because of their cost and the fact that they are so unnecessary.

I find myself in much the same position, though. People ask me what I want or what I need for Christmas, and I have to answer them by saying, "nothing." I have everything I want and everything I need. It is a marvelous blessing from the Lord. I have a wonderful wife, family, and church family. I have a home and clothes to wear. I have more than enough food. I have a car and a truck. I literally can't think of anything else I want or need.

I believe the reason for my state of mind is that I have Jesus as my Lord and Savior. He has given me real life that is meaningful and eternal. He has given me every spiritual blessing. (Ephesians 1:3) Therefore, I realize what is important in life. Also, I realize it all comes from Him. Therefore, I don't need anything, and I don't really want anything, except what He wants for me. It is a wonderful life!

Tomorrow, I intend to read Zechariah 5-8 and Revelation 19.

Popular Posts