Celebrating Christmas One Day Early

This will be the first time we have ever had our family Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve. Dixie has to work on Christmas Day, so we have moved everything up one day. It is amazing how much more we had to do just to get it all done one day early. However, we made it. Now, I am tired, but ready to spend some quality time with the family.

I think that is why so many people find it hard to have quality relationships these days. They never get everything else done, so they never have time to slow down and enjoy other people. That is a tragedy. Then, when we do have time for others, it is still rushed, because we are thinking about all we have to do next.

I am praying for God to help me stop thinking about what I need to do next so much. I am praying that He will help me focus on relationships more and more. As I have told you, that goes against my basic personality, but that does not matter. People are so important that I must be willing to change as much as I possibly can. I am asking God to help me make time for people by spending less time on other things. I know I have said that before, but that is my goal. People matter to Jesus, and I want to have the same passion.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Habakkuk and Revelation 15.

Popular Posts