Jesus is Our Shepherd Forever

This morning when I was reading Revelation 7, I noticed something that I had not seen before. The last verse of the chapter tells us that the Lamb, Jesus, will shepherd believers in Heaven. I guess I had always assumed that once we arrived at Heaven, we would not need a shepherd any more, but I was wrong. Jesus is our shepherd forever.

I am glad that He loves me that much. What do you think about that? He won't get tired of taking care of us for eternity. Also, it tells me something about myself. I will still need a shepherd in Heaven. I won't know everything, and I will not be able to take care of myself without His help. That is really very understandable. I will never be God. He will always be Lord.

I used this Scripture and Psalm 23 in a funeral service today. I pray that it was as much of a comfort to the family as it was to me. How great is the love of the Lord for me! I can count on Him to be there for me today and forever. Thank you, Lord.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Amos 7-9 and Revelation 8.

Popular Posts