Partakers of the Diving Nature

My memory verse for today is II Peter 1:3-4. It was hard for me to pick one out this morning, because I have always loved the first chapter of Second Peter for a lot of the verses. However, God really spoke to my heart through these two verses when I read them this morning. I hope you have that same experience when you read God's Word in your unhurried time each day.

I am amazed that the Bible tells us that we may be partakers of the divine nature through the great promises God has given us as His children. We can actually escape the corruption that is in the world through lust. It is not only possible, but it is a sure thing, if we follow God's Word and live by His promises.

I am sure you have seen the commercials lately on TV that are especially sexual in nature. It is a shame to have a good program ruined by the commercials. In my younger years I was drawn to those types of pictures because of the lust of the flesh. Now, it is easy to turn my head or close my eyes, because I do not want to be corrupted by that garbage. I praise God that He has given me the victory over those things. Read Galatians 5:16. It is one of those great and precious promises by which God has set me free from those lusts. Believe me, He can and will do the same thing for you in any area in which you might be tempted, if you will let Him.

Tomorrow, Iintend to read Ezekiel 37-39 and II Peter 2.

Popular Posts