Amazing Grace

This evening we had our Thanksgiving meal at the church, and then, we had a song and testimony service. I was very glad to see the good crowd, and we even had several guests. The food was wonderful. The testimonies were powerful. The songs were meaningful.

Lee encouraged us to consider the song "Amazing Grace." We had three different versions of that great song. I am sure it was more than a coincidence, as Lee told us. God wants us to think about His grace. The message that came to me was the fact that there were three different tunes to the same song. The truths were the same, but the tunes were unique. I believe that is how God's grace is for us. Each of us is a unique individual, but each of us needs His grace. God is able to make His grace match the tune of our lives. He is able to supply the grace for eternal life, but He is also able to supply the grace for each life each day, even though we are so different.

To me God's grace is an expression of His love. God is love, so He always acts in a gracious manner toward everyone. It is true that there is a limit to His mercy and grace. If we press Him repeatedly, He will have to bring His judgment upon us. However, even His judgment is for our good. It is to drive us back to His grace. I hope you are abiding in His amazing grace right now. If not, please, turn your life over to the One who knows just what you need to do and how to do it in His way. He will give you the grace to live by His will, and your life will be full of meaning.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 22-23 and I Peter 1.

Popular Posts