A Little Discipline Helps a Lot

I hope you all had a great day after Thanksgiving. It is supposed to be a shopping day, but I passed on the shopping for today. I did go to a store, but it was not to shop. It was to buy three faucets and leave as quickly as possible. John helped me make that purchase. Then, we checked out what was wrong with his car horn. We found that the electrical connection was broken, so we tried to locate another one at a junk yard, but we failed. Maybe, we can find one tomorrow. Then, Chris went shopping, so I installed the faucets and did my exercise. When I finished, I had a great sense of accomplishment, and I felt better physically.

What did you do today? Did it include some discipline to do some things you needed to do, or was it a wasted day, in which you slept too much. ate too much, and watched too much TV? I hope it included some discipline to do the right things. In 1980 I was certified to give the Taylor Johnson Temperament Analysis, which is a personality inventory. It does not tell if a person has a psychosis or a neurosis, but it does analyze about 9 aspects of a person's personality. I use it in my pre- marriage counseling and other counseling. When I was learning how to interpret that test, I learned a very valuable lesson. Just a little discipline to do the right thing helps a person feel better about himself. It doesn't have to be a drastic amount of discipline to help. We just have to feel like we are accomplishing something worthwhile. Then, that helps us in every area of our lives. Also, the opposite is true. If we do not accomplish what we need to do, because we do not have any discipline, it makes us feel worse about ourselves.

That is one reason I recommend discipline. It is important for us to accomplish our daily unhurried time, our exercise, our job, and many other essential things in our lives. Without it, we feel hopeless. However, it is within the reach of all of us, because it is something we decide to do. Anyone can add discipline to his or her life. Try it you will like it.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 35-36 and II Peter 1.

Popular Posts