I am thankful for ________.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with our family. It was great to have Gao Foua's brothers, Josh and Johnny, and her sister, Gaonou, with us today. Johnny had his friend, David, with him, too. Of course, we were very thankful to have Dixie, John, Gao Foua, and my parents, as well. We even got to visit with Lori, Jeff, Kade, and Avenly on Skype. We watched some football, played with TMX Elmo, took some pictures, and ate a fantastic meal. What a day!

I have probably told you that we have a tradition which Chris started several years ago. We take some time after the meal, while everyone is still around the table to tell what we are thankful for. Often, there are some tears, but there are some laughs, too, as we share from our hearts about our blessings. This year was no different. In fact, this year was better, since we had more people to share in the occasion. I sensed that they all felt like I did. It gives meaningful substance to the day, we call Thanksgiving. If we don't give thanks verbally, have we really had Thanksgiving? I don't think so.

However, in reality, we should practice giving God thanks every day. It gives meaningful substance to each and every day. Therefore, I urge you to take time to express your thanks to someone today, if you have not done so already. I believe it will make your day so much more special and meaningful.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 33-34 and I Peter 5.

Popular Posts