Anticipation

All of my life I had an a keen sense of anticipation about things that were about to happen. I can remember even as a child pacing back and forth waiting for a guest to arrive at my house or for a ride to take me somewhere. I could not sit still. I could not think about other things. My mind was fixed on what was going to happen, and I could not think about other things at that point. I am still that way, but not quite as bad.

Last night, I was anticipating the arrival of John and Gao Foua, and I was helping get everything ready. I thought of my blog one time, but I was caught up in the anticipation of all that was happening, and I did not think to sit down and compose it. I am glad to say that we did make all of the preparations and John and Gao Foua made it here safely before too late. However, I am sorry I did not do my blog.

It could be that the Lord wanted to speak to me about anticipation, though. It is a powerful force in our lives. We should anticipate the Coming of Christ, so that we make all of the preparations, and we are ready for His arrival. We should anticipate worship on the Lord's Day with our church family, so that we are focused on the Lord, and we prepare our hearts to worship Jesus. We should anticipate our daily "unhurried time" with the Lord, as we think of the joy it brings and how He will speak to our hearts to prepare us for the day. Anticipation of spiritual things is a powerful force to help us accomplish God's will. I pray that we have more anticipation of what the Lord is going to do in our lives than we do of what we are going to do. Let's keep the focus on Him!

This morning I read Ezekiel 30-32 ans I Peter 4.

Popular Posts